Does music move you the same as building technology? Are you looking to work on something to believe in? Our digital marketplace is looking for you here at Discogs.
This is a remote position. Open to candidates located in OR, WA, CA, CO, ID, AZ, TX, IL
Who We Are
Discogs is the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone. We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Who We’re Looking For
The Full Stack Engineer has a great ability to multi-task across projects as well as to adapt to different areas of the code where they may not have previous experience. The Full Stack Engineer will be comfortable with both front and back end engineering tasks. Solid work experience with Python is required. This role will be responsible for contributing towards architecture and design decisions. Team Manager may involve you in budgetary and planning discussions.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Plan, develop, and deploy server-side and client-side software in sprint cycles.
- Observe, debug and optimize production systems with thousands of concurrent users.
- Research new frontiers, prototype implementations and share knowledge.
- Communicate openly and collaborate frequently with Product and Engineering teams to quickly deliver high quality products that maximize value to the Discogs ecosystem.
- Take responsibility over large, complex features from concept to design to delivery.
- Migrate system functionality to microservices while maintaining a legacy application.
- Coach and mentor other engineers with recommendations, and code reviews.
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to Discogs core values and operating principles.
- Work with your team on planning and completing department goals that align with overall business objectives.
- Be an effective communicator by listening carefully, asking questions, and being transparent, timely, and diplomatic across all levels of the organization.
- Stay informed on what is happening within the business and help others understand business decisions and the company direction by positively representing the company view.
- Provide technical knowledge via documentation, coaching and mentoring others in the department and company.
- Stay informed on new technologies within your specialization and implement them as needed.
- Use analytic skills to communicate and drive decisions for your team based on data.
- In partnership with your manager, start to plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of your department to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Understand how your contributions support the business vision, mission, and strategy.
- Work with your manager to identify and pursue career growth opportunities.
What You’ll Contribute
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering from four-year college or university, or equivalent technical work experience
- 4+ years related work experience.
- Experience working with production systems under load.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, RESTful Services, GraphQL, DevOps,and Agile Methodologies.
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycle processes such as version control, build and configuration management, automated deployments, automated testing, etc.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate with project stakeholders.
- Capable of taking a large complex project, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing those tasks as required.
- Shows initiative and seeks evidence in data to support ideas.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
What We Believe In
Discogs’ mission is to serve the music fan in everyone. We represent a diverse and inclusive community, and we are committed to serving our community with innovative and creative solutions. We know that innovation happens best when varying perspectives are embraced and integrated. Our global team reflects our global community.
Discogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply should contact us at 503-597-6340
If you apply for this role, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, and fill out a few questions regarding your application. Once submitted, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within 30 days.