Are you passionate about delighting a community full of music lovers? Do you love being at the center of delivering products and features that excite users? Does a big, complex problem motivate you to deliver simple, elegant solutions? If so, Discogs has an exciting opportunity to make an impact on the future of how music is both cataloged and discovered for millions of people across the globe.
This is a remote position. Open to candidates in or willing to relocate to OR, WA, CA, CO, ID, AZ, TX, IL
Who We Are
Discogs is the largest crowd-sourced, community-driven database of recorded music information in the world. Every day, millions of people use the Discogs Marketplace to connect, learn about music, and buy and sell vinyl records, CDs, and cassettes. As Discogs continues to grow, we are looking for bright, dedicated, creative, and highly motivated people to help us realize our mission to serve the music fan in everyone. We are relatively small, so individual contributions can have a large impact. High value is placed on quality, critical thinking, and continuous improvement. Our teams work collaboratively but are distributed geographically and open-source tools are important to who we are and how we work. We value the experiences and skills each team member contributes to helping us serve our music community.
Who We’re Looking For
The objective of the Senior Product Manager is to lead and work with a cross-functional team to deliver on their roadmap. The Senior PM provides strategic input that delivers value for end users while ensuring the financial health and growth of the business. The Senior PM draws on their experience to provide business-centered analytical decision making against internal and external forces while providing leadership that enables a highly-functioning team to execute on strategic priorities.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Manages the roadmap for their product pillar and understands how it impacts the greater business as it relates to ROI and financial performance
- Provides strategic input to the business owner to inform the roadmap and resulting project scope and objectives.
- Capable of leading and delivering on high profile, high priority projects for the business
- Works closely with Product Coordinator(s) to communicate priorities and ensure day-to-day execution and development of the roadmap
- Supports and empowers Product Coordinators without needing to become overly involved in their tasks
- Manages scope, timeline and cost such that stakeholders are aligned with expectations, are aware of changes and can deliver on expected outcomes
- Works closely with their team’s Engineering Manager and Technical Engineering Lead to scope work and articulate product vision to engineering teams.
- Participates with greater Product team to understand each other’s roadmaps and manage dependencies with one another
- Communicates needs required for product delivery including internal and/or external resources
- Discovers and validates customer and business value
- Communicates and works with 3rd party vendors as needed to assign tasks and communicate deliverables to meet expected outcomes
Lead Product Releases
- Coordinates product launch and launch preparation processes with a cross-functional team
- Establishes project role clarity at the outset of a project utilizing the RACI model
- Works with the necessary teams to facilitate content creation for product releases (tutorials, marketing materials, internal wiki and blog).
Act As Communication Liaison
- Communicates ideas between different groups (Executive Team, Marketing, UX, Engineering, CS,and business owners).
- Easily works with business stakeholders and is comfortable negotiating perspectives with little guidance
- Works with the Product Marketing and User Experience teams to conduct market research and customer outreach
- Interacts with a large and active community
Track Data and Report Findings
- Facilitates reporting as necessary to track viability and success of features and products
- Uses advanced analytic skills to communicate and drive decisions based on available data
What You’ll Contribute
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years leadership level Product Management experience
- 5+ years additional related work experience
- Product management certification preferred (i.e. CSPO).
- Lead through change & adversity.
- Possess knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the business.
- Possess advanced knowledge in your specialization to be able to guide and mentor team members.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to establish, monitor, measure, and report on performance data that includes financial and activity reports, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness of your specialization.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of web data analytics tools such as Google Analytics; e-commerce websites; operations of a large scale, high traffic, international websites; service-oriented architecture and Microservices; APIs; automated testing; continuous deployment.
- Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
What We Believe In
Discogs’ mission is to serve the music fan in everyone. We represent a diverse and inclusive community, and we are committed to serving our community with innovative and creative solutions. We know that innovation happens best when varying perspectives are embraced and integrated. Our global team reflects our global community.
Discogs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants needing accommodation to apply should contact us at 503-597-6340
If you apply for this role, you will be required to upload a resume, cover letter, and fill out a few questions regarding your application. Once submitted, our hiring team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview. Whether you are successful or not, we will store your application and data in our system for a maximum period of one year from the application date in case another role becomes available that you are suitable for. If you have any questions or concerns about us storing this data and/or the period of time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within 30 days.